Cafe Japengo will host a sushi-making class on Saturday, November 3rd from noon to 2 p.m. Executive Sushi Chef Jerry Warner will lead a hands-on session where he’ll share the secrets of sushi-making.
The class will take place in Cafe Japengo’s dining room. Limited seating is available and reservations are required. The cost is $60 per person and includes the following:
• A 2 hour hands-on tutorial involving rice and fish selection, knifework with fish, handling sticky rice, creating traditional and hand rolls and more
• Enjoying sushi creations plus two sake tastings throughout the class
• Discussion by Executive Sushi Chef Jerry Warner on where to purchase sushi ingredients; the history of sushi and Cafe Japengo; basic characteristics of various types of fish
• A maki board (a sushi-rolling mat) that attendees may keep
• All ingredients used during the class will be provided by Cafe Japengo
Cafe Japengo offers the sushi making classes the first Saturday of every month. For more information or to make a reservation for the class, call 866-601-0784.
Cafe Japengo is one of San Diego’s top restaurants for sushi and Asian-fusion cuisine. Featuring innovative menus for lunch and dinner, the restaurant also boasts an award-winning sushi bar, a hot happy hour scene and an extensive selection of the world’s best wines and sakes.
Cafe Japengo is located at 8960 University Center Lane in the Aventine complex. For more details, please visit www.cafejapengo.com or call 866-601-0784. To stay up-to-date on the latest news and offerings at Cafe Japengo, follow them on Facebook or on Twitter at @Cafejapengo.
| This Event Re-occurs:
Note About Location:
Cafe Japengo is located at 8960 University Center Lane in the Aventine complex. For more details, please visit www.cafejapengo.com
or call 858-450-3355.
Not familiar with the area?
to see this location on a map